Sunday, July 14, 2013

what career should i go for if i am after money? chartered accountant or chemical engineer? please help. thanx?

what career should i go for if i am after money? chartered accountant or chemical engineer? please help. thanx?
i am only in year 11 right now, doing my GCSEs. but i already have to decide what career i want to go for because i really need to earn at least 35000 pounds a year after about 3-5 years of doing my job. this is because my family is a very poor family and we somehow got a mortgage for a house. and it will take about 20 years for it to be ours. i want it sooner so i can give it to my sister as a present for my parents and my sister. so anyway back to the question. what job should i do to be rich chartered accountant or chemical engineer. what job can get me up to making 100k pounds a year (100k is my goal for life). i am thinking of doing chemical engineering for degree. and then after the degree i am planning to do the tests and course for chartered accounting. thank you. please try and help
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I respect you, and myself, I am going to try to see if I could become a trainee accountant whilst I am also in university. I don't know money-wise, it would depend upon which firm you work for, or even which type of chemical engineering you go to work in. Pharmaceutical or synthetics? Both jobs have a wide spectrum, so don't discount one from the other. Find your niche and then you'll have more direction.
Answer 2 :
If you wana get up to 100 K then u gotta get into managment level, probably wont earn 100k just doing a job
Answer 3 :
I think I told you this before when you were asking the same repeated question in the Engineering section. Anyway, here I go again and this time LISTEN " Oh, Yawn and Yawn and Yawn again. I have said this before and I have a feeling that I will be telling you this again. IF YOUR DRIVING FORCE IS MONEY DO NOT BE AN ENGINEER. BE A MERCHANT BANKER IN LONDON WHERE THE REWARDS ARE 10 TIMES THAT OF AN ENGINEER - AND THAT IS THEIR BASIC SALARY. FAILING THAT BECOME INVOLVED IN SECURITY IN ONE OF THE WAR ZONES WHERE YOU CAN EARN UP TO £1000 A DAY. Now Pleeeeeeeeeeeese stop asking the same question again, and again, and again....... ....." If your family is very poor this is commendable to help them, however with parents and siblings who might be able to help out don't take it onto yourself to provide for everyone. Most mortgages take 20 to 25 years to pay off so don't complain about that. If you can't afford it you can extend the term of the mortgage - costs more over the term of it but smaller monthly payments letting you have a better quality of life. Or move into a smaller property somewhere cheaper. Then there is a bit about your guilt. Most parents love it when their child goes away to study and then start on the career path - they can see their child doing something they enjoy. If you feel guilty about not contributing back to your family then you stop doing a job you enjoy. This is bad and your parents don't want that. If you are careful you can live a single life on a starting salary for an engineer, get a partner and have 2 salaries and you are better off - and have spare cash to help parents. Now as for demanding £35k - if your short term goal is to give your family cash then you can do that at a much lower salary. Right now I have said that, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeese stop asking the same question again and again and again - Spamming the website is not so good
Answer 4 :
An accountant will not only rarely be out of work but they often end up running companies. As a qualified accountant you can get into lots of high paid industries including Banking, Management Consultancy and Private Equity.

Read more other entries :