Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Can i contact my ex-bosses accountant for wages?

Can i contact my ex-bosses accountant for wages?
My employer fired me last week, the day before payday, for not hitting target. Lo and behold, when payday arrived, i did not have anything in the bank and when i contacted him i was told i would be paid in cash that afternoon. Later that day, i recieved a text message to say 'there will be nothing to pick up, all wages need to be accounted for and a cheque will be issued next week'. I tried to contact my ex boss again this week to find out when i can expect the cheque as i have obviously fallen behind on my bills as he didnt pay me and i finally got hold of him today when he told me 'I am not dealing with this, my accountant is, so i cant give you any dates' so i advised him that should i not recieve my cheque by tomorrow (a week since when payday was supposed to be) i would be putting a claim in with the employment tribunal. To which he replied 'if you want to F*****g go to court then go for it. I dont care' Am i able to contact his accountant to enquire about when my wages will be dispatched to me? Thanks in advance... this is a different question than previous as i am asking whether i am able to contact my ex employers accountant. Also this guy is very intimidating and threatning i have come of the phone shaking and in tears after speaking to him I put an initial claim in on monday this week
Other - Business & Finance - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Already answered this - camp outside, contact the accountant, threaten Tribunal - in fact - put in a claim thro tribunal anyway, you are owed this money and he is breaking the law. if you contact the accountant ensure he understands you want paying and your P45 and that you won't rest until you get what you are owed. Contact other people in the company too. Go to the firm daily! Don't keep posting the same thing on here - it wastes time - take action now.
Answer 2 :
Don't just threaten ET, file an initial claim now - the forms are online. Often the receipt of an ET1 will make them shift.
Answer 3 :
The Accountant isn't the correct person to deal with - your employer is the one that you need to be taking this up with. Put a claim in, get the ball rolling.

Read more other entries :