Monday, July 1, 2013

Me and my husband have to meet a new accountant for our business ?

Me and my husband have to meet a new accountant for our business ?
i have a family to look after and now my youngest has started school i want to do some regular hours in our office to help out .Up until now i have only really done the books a few times a year so basically it is a rush job to get all of our financial books in every year i know it is disorganised. Now i really want to improve upon this situation and be more efficient .The new accountant is really looking forward to meeting me but because i haven't done anything on a regular scale i don't know what to say to her do i be honest and tell her how disorganised i am or just try and fudge my way through it what do you think? i am just going to end up looking a right fool and i know its my own fault funnily enough my hubby isnt too bothered he will probley let me dig myself into a big hole .
Small Business - 6 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Just be honest. She will find out later anyway if you haven't kept up to date and she's probably used to clients not having everything organised. Im sure it wont be a problem.
Answer 2 :
Be honest. she is going to be able to tell eventually and she'll have a lot more trust for you, if she knows you were upfront. And don't be embarassed... most small businesses operate this way. We try not to!! But you know how it is, there is always something else and this just isn't a "fun" thing.
Answer 3 :
For f*cks sake you are paying her! Why should you be embarrassed? When you consider that you have to provide all the information for an accountant to use, why don't you think seriously about DIY now you have more time on your hands. You only have to look at the accountant's fees for encouragement. There is a choice of software out there to help you out. Look on the net for reviews to choose a good one.
Answer 4 :
Your worrying about it to much she or he is not going to bite your head off,just be honest and Im sure you will come out of there feeling good about yourself.
Answer 5 :
Trust me, I have an Accountant and he would see straight through me if I tried to "fudge my way through". I started as a Company Secretary a few years ago, with no experience at all. My Accountant showed me everything from scratch and now I do the wages, tax, cis tax, NI and all the book-keeping. Don't try to con your Accountant into thinking you know more than you do. Be honest, ask for her assistance and get her on-side. I honestly believe that a good, approachable Accountant is one of the best assets a small business can have.
Answer 6 :
Don't worry about it. Our accountants have clients who just hand them carrier bags full of receipts at the end of the year and says that's what's happened over the year. Those people are never embarrassed. Make a friend of the accountant and ask what's the best way that you can keep records so that they don't have to do so much for you at the year end, which should keep their fees down. I keep all our accounts on Excel spreadsheets and give that to the accountant at the year end. He's able to do everything from that once I've done a stock check and given him a list of debtors and creditors. As others have said, there's no point in fudging what you've done. You've had your reasons. Tell her you now want to be more organised, ask for her help to make her life and yours easier and you should have a good business friend. Good luck!

Read more other entries :