Thursday, July 7, 2011

How to become an accountant in U.K.?

How to become an accountant in U.K.?
Hy guys. I'm an 26 years old Italian guy, living in Scotland at the moment and I'd like some advice to understand how to become an accountant in U.K. 1 years and half ago a moved to Scotland to study English, leaving my undergraduate study in Economy ad a part time job in a Chartered Accountant (where I wasn't pay). I don't have a good experience in this sector (actually I was doing this from 8 months when I decided to leave). I've got my diploma in accounting (diploma di ragioneria) that could be compared as an GCSE, but I'm not sure. Actually I'm working in a call center but I was thinking to complete my degree here. In Italy you have to take a degree and after start your training to become a chartered accountant but looking in Internet I was that in U.K. there are more way to accomplish this goal, life fast track. What I really know is if with diploma, 2 years of college in Italy, I've got some chance...and yes, despite to have still improved my english..eheehh...Waithing for some advice...thanks folk Thanks guys...and merry christmas you too...
Higher Education (University +) - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Yes, you should be able to do this. I'm a member of the ICAEW, but you will probably want to qualify with the Scottish equivalent - ICAS - which was the first professional body of accountants in teh world! In bocca il lupo!
Answer 2 :
Hi Try AAT My girlfriend went on that course at Collage. She now works in an accounts department for a large UK company. Merry Xmas mrfiction

Read more other entries :