Sunday, September 1, 2013

What GCSEs should I take in order to become a Chartered Accountant?

What GCSEs should I take in order to become a Chartered Accountant?
Hi, Im in year 9... Through out my life I want to do a job related to maths. considering maths is my strongest subject, Ive decide to decate myself to accountancy. I have to choose my GCSEs options during this week, what subjects will help me or benefit me in be a chartered accountant? Apparently either Business studies or Economics will help me with my accountancy future. I had a look at both subject they look very interesting, but which one will be more relevant for accountancy? Thank you, so much!
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I think that you should take the subjects that you enjoy at GCSE! If you enjoy maths and would like to become an accountant then all you need to do is work hard in year 11 and get good grades in all your GCSE subjects. The big four accountancy firms are Deloitte, KPMG, PwC and Ernst and Young, and all they really want is someone who is intelligent and shows a good aptitude for Mathematics. At the end of the day the quickest (but not the only) route to accountancy is as follows, Good GCSE's > Good A levels > Go to a good university > Get at least a 2.1 in the degree > Apply to the graduate programme (a very long way off for you but I thought you may be interested) But I really would not worry too much at this stage about which GCSE's to take aslong as you have mathematics it does not really matter. I therefore advise you to pick the one you are most interested in, I personally prefer economics as it gives a more indepth study of the world and how companies operate within the world. However, business studies will allow you to look at actual balance sheets and learn how they work which is also interesting. I hope that helps

Read more other entries :