Thursday, August 1, 2013

what do u need to be an accountant?

what do u need to be an accountant?
im 28 years of age b in maths good book keeping do i need anything else do i need to do a course or can do it right away as my sis is opening her own shop and wants me to be hers many thanks
Other - Taxes - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Wood work or home economics would be advantageous.
Answer 2 :
spelling, punctuation, and grammar never hurts as well. Such as: I'm 28 years of age. I get b's in math. I have good bookkeeping skills. Do I need anything else? Do I need to do a course, or can I do it right away? My sis is opening her own shop and wants me to be hers. Many thanks. See how that works? My Accountant has a college degree in Accounting. I am not sure if I would trust an Accountant without a college degree to handle my business, but if your sister believes you can do it. Meh.... more power to her.
Answer 3 :
The course you need to become an accountant is called AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians). There are 3 levels, Foundation, Intermediate and Technician. Each level is 1 year long and is usually offered as a 1 day a week course or 2 evenings a week course. I dont know how much they cost to complete these days as I did mine a few years ago. However, you may be able to get some help with tuition fees depending on your personal circumstances. Have a look at your local college, they will be able to give you more information about the courses they run and if your lucky you may be able to start it this month if they have any places left. Good Luck!

Read more other entries :