Sunday, August 14, 2011

Being a qualified accountant (FCMA) from overseas, can I practise in UK and use the FCMA designation ? ?

Being a qualified accountant (FCMA) from overseas, can I practise in UK and use the FCMA designation ? ?
I am a qualified accountant (FCMA) from an overseas accountancy body which a member of IFAC - International Federation of Accountants. For last 15 years I am living in UK and held senior position in various companies in the accounting field. Now, I am planning to set up a practise and would use the designation FCMA. Since the same designation FCMA is also offered by CIMA in UK, is there any issue for me to use the designation FCMA ?
United Kingdom - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
You can only use FCMA after your name in the UK if you are a fellow and CIMA qualified or have exemptions through mutual recognition.

Read more other entries :