Friday, June 14, 2013

What does an accounting job require?

What does an accounting job require?
Hi there, Can anyone tell me in easy language what are the jobs and duties of a small accountant? I am doing a diploma in accounting and wonder what would be my duties to be performed in a small accounting job! Also what kind of job I will be undertaking if I start working as an independent accountant for small shops, and sloe trader businesses? I am interested to know if I am learning the things in my current course what my future potential job will require. I am based in London. Any advice will be appreciated.
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Hang on a sec. You are doing an accounting diploma and you have no idea what is involved in an accounting job. You surely cannot be serious!!!
Answer 2 :
Hi there. You can hold different kind of works on the accounting area. In small business most probably you will perform the day-by-day book keeping. Actually, this is not considered the most fashion work (you know - only debits and credits) but all companies even the smallest ones must have it. Other work that you can have is related to tax. Anyway, as soon as you got your degree, go and take a certification in accounting like ICAEW. For sure it will help you on your future. Additionally (I think this is the best) go work on a big4 firm (assurance department) and ask to work the middle market. With this will gonna have a good resume and experience. Good luck.

Read more other entries :