Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Being an accountant - difference between ACA and ACCA? UK?

Being an accountant - difference between ACA and ACCA? UK?
i.e in years to qualify/difficulty/salary etc? UK
Other - Business & Finance - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Hi Both are fully qualified chartered accountants - ACA with the Institute of Chartered Accountants and ACCA with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants. Both are allowed to qualify as registered auditors, and both provide services to companies and the general public. Details of ACA salary levels can be found at http://www.icaew.com/index.cfm?route=158499 Details of ACCA salary levels can be found at http://www.accaglobal.com/uk/students/careers/surveys/ and http://www.accaglobal.com/allnews/national/ireland/salaryguide2007 They have different syllabuses and exam structures. There is not really enough space here to go into the detail but if you visit the websites (links below) you will find them helpful. I run a small accountancy firm (10 employees) and for my clients I have tended to find that the ACCA qualification equips my staff the best for the support we have to give. My clients tend to be small and medium sized businesses (turnover up to a few million pounds). I personally trained originally through the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales - you will note I tend to employ members of the other body. That may or may not tell you something. In my view (and it may only be my view) I tend to find that the ACCA qualification is more commercially focussed.

Read more other entries :