Tuesday, May 14, 2013

What is the average starting salary for a trainee chartered accountant in NI?

What is the average starting salary for a trainee chartered accountant in NI?
I have recently got the job offer of trainee chartered accountant with the starting salary of 10K. I was thinking this was a bit low as another one of my friends has a job as a trainee accountant in another firm for a lot more of a salary, which doesn't make sense to me at all?? Does it matter who the job is for and on what background degrees a person did. My friend did a degree in accountancy, where as I did a degree in mathematics. As well as this, I did a masters in Risk management and financial regulation, and was wondering if I am I over qualified for this job and should look elsewhere for better oppurtunites?
Financial Services - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I wouldn't look elsewhere. You are well qualified, but a qualification without a job is meaningless. Furthermore, the job market is dire at the moment; thus I recommend you keep your job and work your way up to a higher salary.

Read more other entries :