Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Career as a management accountant...help please!?

Career as a management accountant...help please!?
I am due to graduate from university this summer after spending 3 years studying maths with economics. I am interested in pursuing a career as a management accountant but wanted to know realistically what chance I have based on the fact that I am predicted a high 2:1 though only have 220 UCAS points over 3 a-levels (or 260 over 4 a-levels)? If I do have a chance, do I need any other form of qualification before I can start to apply for jobs as a trainee management account (after graduating) and begin studying for my CIMA qualification?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Sounds like you have enough academic qualifications already or expected. I did the CIMA qualification and got my ACMA with a 2:2 in history, so maths with economics should stand you in good stead.
Answer 2 :
You shouldn't have any problems getting a job as a trainee managment accountant with your qualifications. Try looking at Cima's website. http://www.cimaglobal.org.uk You may however want to consider going down the CA route as that generally gives you more opportunities in terms of career once you are qualified. You will generally need a degree at 2.1 to get a job with a big accounting firm and they will provide all training.

Read more other entries :