Thursday, December 1, 2011

Am I the only one sick and tired with security lies?

Am I the only one sick and tired with security lies?
I just heard on the BBC that the new scanners in airports will be used on everyone. They will be used "by highly trained professionals". So which kind of professionals? Doctors, lawyers, accountants, teachers? Why do they keep telling lies? Airport security is important to me. Until they start serious profiling and ditch political correctness, we are all at risk.
Health & Safety - 7 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Translation of "highly trained individuals" is immigrants paid the minimum wage!
Answer 2 :
I hate the new scanners, I think its pretty sick that for example teenage girls are going to have to go through them and basically be seen naked by those "professional" men. I agree that they have crossed the line between security and invasion of privacy.
Answer 3 :
No you're not. Now we've all got to be seen naked before we can go on holiday. Sorry but I don't want my wife being gawped at by some ape in a uniform. Apparently one of these devices things wouldn't have prevented the last incident anyway, and what ever they can do, the bombers will find a way of defeating it. We've just lost another civil liberty in the name of 'security' – another own goal to the terrorists whose aim is to disrupt our daily lives. The only winner here is the companies who are set to make millions out of them. Apparently it's illegal under human rights laws – so why are they doing it?
Answer 4 :
Probably not.
Answer 5 :
I'm not particularly bothered myself. It will undoubtedly be the highlight of anyone's working day to see an approximated unclothed image of me. My line of work means I occasionally have to strip search people, which is by no means pleasant for the person concerned but if you think I get up in the morning looking forward to the possibility of having to do a strip search you've got another thing coming. I imagine it will be an identical situation for the people that view the scanner images and having to do it day in day out looking at hundreds maybe thousands of images, you forget you are looking at an image of a person and are just viewing the screen for a matter of seconds for the presence of security risk items.
Answer 6 :
Blame the terrorists who want to blow up airplanes. Profiling does not guarantee every single terrorist is caught, and terrorists can trick innocent people into carrying on explosives for them. The bad guys only need to succeed once to create worldwide havoc, and we need to succeed in every single security check.
Answer 7 :
I agree with ditching the politcal correctness, but not with the profiling... its assuming that everyone of a 'type' is going to be a 'bad guy' which is total bunk. My poor dad gets hassled occasionally because he's a naturalized citizen of Canada, born in China, and looks middle eastern (he's russian). Its not his fault, and he doesn't deserve to get the bad treatment every time he crosses a border... i mean, the guy amuses himself with puttering in the garden and planning cruises. What danger is he? As for the scanners, i'd imagine that they get pretty bored with seeing everyone's underside. While i don't want someone else looking at me unclothed, i'm viewing it with the same annoyance as some of the necessary but annoying physician visits. My doctor has probably seen tens of thousands of women's breasts in a clinical setting and mine, although its kind of strange for me, are just another pair... no more titillating or exciting that the other 9,999 pairs.

Read more other entries :