Wednesday, December 7, 2011

How to become an Accountant without taking a degree?

How to become an Accountant without taking a degree?
Hi, I would like to train to become an Accountant due to the career prospects and the rewarding salary. I am currently 22 yrs old and have 9 GCSE'S and 3 A'levels. All C's and above. Also I have certificate of higher education for completing a year at university. I was not very proficient at maths but I am currently taking a course to improve myself, which is going very well. Ideally I do not want to go back to University again as after my first experience I feel they are a waste of time and money. So my question is, how can I become a top Accountant without studying at University? I am a very dedicated person when I put my mind to it and this is something that I know I can excel and progress at. How long can the training take and which routes do I need to go down? Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. David
Financial Services - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
You have to take courses and get certified, sorry. Accounting is not a subject that one can really teach oneself. You need feedback on how well you understand the concepts, i.e. you need to take tests and see where and if you are going wrong. -------------- I actually never got a degree in Accounting, but I have taken many, many classes in it and I understand the concepts in the field. I've been working in the field for 20+ years now. I do bookkeeping for small businesses from my home at $50 USD per hour. There has never been a problem with the books I produce. (I can do it in my sleep basically). But every once in awhile, I come across a 'stumper' transaction. Luckily, I know a CPA who always can give me the correct way to enter the transaction.

Read more other entries :