Monday, November 7, 2011

Junior Accountant HELP!?

Junior Accountant HELP!?
So here's the story...my dad knows this guy who runs a big business and asked if there was any jobs going, I went for a little interview today and they gave me the job on the spot, (junior accountant) as they desperately need someone to help and I start a week on Monday...I have no experience within this field and feel that I will not pick the duties I should be carrying out as quick as they wold like me to, I also have a 3 month trial and really would like to keep the job after as I need the money as well, but I feel like I should revise or do a practise run, so I'm just wondering if there is anything I can practise working on maybe revise something, so I have a little bit of knowledge about accounting and bookkeeping, profit loss statements and what the spreadsheets look like etc :) ?? x
Financial Services - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Well they liked you enough to employ you. So calm down and go with the flow and see what happens on Monday. It is a vague title and may well be a trainee position and they may well fund some courses and train you up with the required skills. It is possible to become an accountant from an in house position, but it could be a glorified name for a bookkeeper of some doing the wages. Just be yourself on Monday and see how it pans out. Dress smart for the working environment, make sure you are immaculate on the first day and this will make you feel more business like and remember that everyone had to start some where!
Answer 2 :
hi..congrats for ur job..u can do AAT if your company allows u...its a best thing to do for an accounting careear.. I am also looking for a job..I did AAT last year. but still couldnt find any job. can u tell me how can i get the same job u got ..i badly need a job. please let me know..or do ur comapny have any other opportunity for the same job??

Read more other entries :