Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I'm self employed. Will an estate agent accept my books done by a chartered accountant as proof of my income?

I'm self employed. Will an estate agent accept my books done by a chartered accountant as proof of my income?
I've found the most incredible house to rent and I want to move in asap. The only thing is I'm a self employed teacher and I get my money in cash from my private students. My credit history/ bank statements don't look fantastic because I got married to a man a lot older than me and he's always dealt with the finances, and I've always just paid my way in the household with cash. I've also been really sloppy and I haven't done my tax returns for 4 years. Would an estate agent accept my books verified by a chartered accountant? To prove that I can pay the rent weekly. Thank you 17 hours ago - 3 days left to answer. Additional Details And, I wanted to sign a contract for a year, but do you think an estate agent would do a shorter "trial" contract, say for three months, just to see how things go if they weren't too happy with my proof of earning's?
Renting & Real Estate - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I dont see why not,try it you have nothing to loose
Answer 2 :
Hello, (ANS) YES! that should be fine. Because if your accounts have been professionally done by a qualified chartered accounant then that should be acceptible as proof of your income. Other than this I cannot see what else they could need bank statements would be acceptible but thats going abit far perhaps? **As long as you can verify your source of income or investments that should be enough proof of how much of a risk you would represent to the person or company you are renting from. They are probably being extra cautious or paranoid in the present economic climate. **I guess they just want to make sure you can comfortable cover the actual rental payments. Kind Regards Ivan
Answer 3 :
If you haven't done any tax returns for 4 years you have been breaking the law. An Accountant will not sign off your books as 'true' as you might owe money to HMRC. Have you registered as self employed?, this has to be done 28 days before you start earning. I think you need to talk to an Accountant pronto. As for the house, highly unusual for anyone to give a 3 month contract.

Read more other entries :