Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I'm self employed. Will an estate agent accept my books done by a chartered accountant as proof of my income?

I'm self employed. Will an estate agent accept my books done by a chartered accountant as proof of my income?
I've found the most incredible house to rent and I want to move in asap. The only thing is I'm a self employed teacher and I get my money in cash from my private students. My credit history/ bank statements don't look fantastic because I got married to a man a lot older than me and he's always dealt with the finances, and I've always just paid my way in the household with cash. I've also been really sloppy and I haven't done my tax returns for 4 years. Would an estate agent accept my books verified by a chartered accountant? To prove that I can pay the rent weekly. Thank you And, I wanted to sign a contract for a year, but do you think an estate agent would do a shorter "trial" contract, say for three months, just to see how things go if they weren't too happy with my proof of earning's? And, I wanted to sign a contract for a year, but do you think an estate agent would do a shorter "trial" contract, say for three months, just to see how things go if they weren't too happy with my proof of earning's?
Renting & Real Estate - 2 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
accounts certified by a chartered accountant are the usualy way of proving yr income if ur self employed. the standard tenancy agreement is for 6 months and rent is payable monthly in advance
Answer 2 :
Yes this should sufficient enough.

Read more other entries :