Thursday, March 14, 2013

If I wanted to become a Chartered Accountant?

If I wanted to become a Chartered Accountant?
I am thinking of becoming a Chartered accountant and I am predicted the following grades: English: A* Maths: A* Physics: A* Chemistry: A* Biology: A* Religious: A* Expressive Arts/Drama: A* History: A* French: A* If I wanted to become a Chartered account what courses would be good to take at A -level? Also, for university what ones offer a course that would help me achieve this goal. My mums friend is working for BP now aged just 23 earning £60,000 and she went to Cambridge. Is there something out that like that for me?
Other - Business & Finance - 1 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
I always think that Maths and English provide a good base for any future qualification. 'A' levels are still intended to be, and provide evidence of, a good, broad, general education. You would probably want to direct your 'A' levels at the type of degree you intend to take. The institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales, seperate bodies exist for Scotland and Ireland, is, I believe, still an all graduate entry regime. (university degree) The degree doesn't have to be, in subject terms, related to Accountancy, Economics, or Business, and personally, I don't think that it should be. A good, broad based education is desirable before professional training begins. To qualify as a Chartered Accountant, you need to pass the Institiutes professional examinations, and, gain the relevant professional accountancy training. This is obtained via the taking up of articles within the office of a chartered Accountant. This was the only route to training/qualification, however, I am not sure whether the ICAEW have started to accept relevant training experience gained outside of the professional office. The first thing that you need to do is to obtain the relevant exam/training requirements from the ICAEW, and then to decide whether this is the type of work that you want to do. Other accountancy bodies that you may want to consider, are as follows, and they are all Chartered Bodies, The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, The Institute of Management Accountants, The Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accountants. Qualified Accountant

Read more other entries :