Thursday, February 28, 2013

Am I self employed or an employee of my Ltd Company?

Am I self employed or an employee of my Ltd Company?
I am an IT contractor operating (outside of IR35) through my own limited company of which I am sole director. I am in the process of applying for a new private tenancy agreement and I am being asked what my employment status is. Am I self employed or simply an employee of the Ltd company? I take a low salary and the rest in dividends so need to reflect this additional income somewhere. I'd ask my accountants but I need to complete the form tonight and now they've all gone home!
Small Business - 3 Answers
People Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Answer 1 :
Here there are good sites on business http://topfin4.notlong.com/7AAqGT8
Answer 2 :
We would ask you to describe yourself as Sole Trader and give your Accountantss name and address for us to follow up your financial situation with them. Estate Agent
Answer 3 :
If I were completing the form I would say self-employed. The reason is that the party may want to contact your employer to verify employment. If they do at some point it will be apparent that you are a one-person company, which may do more harm than good.

Read more other entries :